Wednesday, March 05, 2008

man of many hats

you know...sometimes i hate my job. my offical title is accounts payable. i pay bills for a living but i also seem to be the one who gets handed all sorts of different jobs. how does that saying go? "man of many hats". well fuck the hats, i don't really care for hats. i think they can be pretty to look at but i don't want to wear them.

for some reason my boss years ago thought it would be a good idea for someone who never travels and had only been on a plane once in their life to handle travel for people who travel all the time. are you freakin' kiddin me? personally i think it's because the higher up's at my place of business either can't make flight arrangements for themselves or their position is too important to make those arrangements. and i can't complain too loudly because i "do travel" for the ceo and cfo of the company and my boss is the...i don't know what you call them...they have been together for decades but never married..."life partner" of the ceo. so of course she does his bidding as quickly as possible. my ceo can appear to be laid back but i've seen him pissed off. so i can't go to her and say "i'm so tired of doing his travel, he changes his mind at least 3 times before he leaves." seriously, he changes his mind a lot. sometimes inflight. and recently he has been asking what kind of planes he will be traveling on. huh? whatever.

"they" say money can't buy you happiness but i would like to try and see if it could buy me a person who knows travel to handle my travel.

No comments: