Saturday, January 03, 2009

another opening another show

the title of this entry is from the musical "kiss me kate"  but for some of us who was in the show many years ago it was called "kiss me ass".    ok yes this was a random thought.  new year-another opening.

for the start of this year i decided to completely bail on the ritual and habits that i have done for many, many years in the past.   i decided to NOT DO A DAMN THING. 
i haven't wash dishes 
i haven't cooked a meal, (this does not included microwavable food)
i haven't swept the floors 
i didn't change the sheets on the bed
i haven't vacuumed
i haven't smudged
and the list goes on, but only in the brain.

i haven't done any of this normal new year's rituals until today.  i wanted to try something new.  throw  caution to the wind and NOT DO A DAMN THING.  and by the looks of it, the normal things pertained to work of some sort.  i don't know how this will effect the cosmic wheel of my life but it felt good to be a rebel against myself.  

i hope you rebel against yourself in the coming year.

so i got a new digital camera for christmas.  a sony cybershot, the cool slim-line one with a touch screen.   love it.  it has a smile detector and will take the picture automatically when the subject has satisfied the smile meter.  and with my new camera i was finally able to take a picture of my partner in life.


none other than c.c. spyder. a 12 year old chocolate calico that is too intelligent for most other creatures. this is how she looks at me most of the time. with disdain
and she doesn't tolerate fools easily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny, Tracey...I didn't do my usual New Year stuff either. I remember thinking....it'll happen when it happens....and it did. RELAX is pretty much my mantra for the new year. :) Laurie