Friday, April 04, 2008

i love a rainy night

oooooo weeee. i love me some sleepin' in the rain with the windows open. i don't know what it is about that but i love it. i sleep better and deeper. i especially like the faraway slow rolling thunder. not that i know that it's there most of the time cause i have been known to sleep through thunder storms right over my house. which doesn't bode well for me if a tornado decided to show up. but i so enjoy listening to the sound. before i had my gutters replaced back in december the old gutters had many, many holes in them. most of the holes happened to be right beside the windows. you knew immediately that it was raining. it was also loud but not in a obnoxious way. i remember the first time it rained after i had new gutters. the sound outside wasn't quite right. i missed the loud fast dripping right beside the window. now if the windows are closed it's very hard to tell if it's raining. my house is very sound proof. it's because my ceilings are thousands of pyramids. but that's another story.

No comments: